12/21/2021 UPDATE: The temporary credit known as the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) will be replaced by the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) as of 1/1/21.
- The maximum monthly benefit will change from $50 per month to $30 per month for households.
- Households have new ways to qualify for the ACP, such as: receiving WIC benefits or having an income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Households that qualified for the EBB due to a substantial loss of income due to job loss or furlough since February 29, 2020 or by meeting the eligibility criteria for a participating provider's COVID-19 program will need to requalify for the ACP.
The Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”) has established a temporary credit of up to $50 per month to be applied towards broadband service for eligible households known as the Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB).
It is important to note that the Emergency Broadband Benefit is a temporary assistance program and is limited to one monthly service discount per household.
You qualify if you meet any of the following:
- Already qualify for the Lifeline program.
- At least one member of the household receives benefits from one of the following federal assistance programs: Medicaid, SNAP, Supplemental SSI, Federal Public Housing Assistance or Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit.
- Household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Receive free or reduced school lunch.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020, and can provide a layoff or furlough notice or application for unemployment benefits.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
The program opened up on May 12th. To apply, you will need to:
- Visit our website at www.havilandbroadband.com, click on the EBB tile, and fill out the questionnaire with your information. Please note that ALL requested information is required and you must agree to all terms of service before proceeding.
- Complete out the EBB Application via the Lifeline website.
- Email your qualification confirmation to us at email@example.com. Make sure to include your qualifying number.
With this benefit, there are a couple of things we would ask you to keep in mind. If you are already a Lifeline qualifier, you will still need to fill out Haviland Broadband's questionnaire for this program. If you are not currently a Lifeline qualifier, you will need to fill out Haviland Broadband's questionnaire for this program as well as the FCC's application, which may ask for repetitive information. There is no way around this, you will simply have to fill out the information twice. Also, we will need an email address that you check regularly, as this is how program information will be communicated to you. This information will include monthly emails, which the participant MUST reply to in order to continue receiving the EBB discount as well as the estimated end date of the benefit when that is known.
Please sign in to leave a comment.