A good surge protector might cost you $40. A very basic battery backup will cost you anywhere from $60-$100. That might seem like a lot of money but consider this: A modem can cost as much as $75. A new monitor will cost you somewhere around $100 at the very least, and you probably wouldn't be able to replace your computer for less that $500-$1000. All of these things can be damaged or destroyed by power surges. That's why you should have a surge protector, or battery backup. We also recommend, when severe storms are expected, that you go so far as to unplug your valuable electronic devices.
Articles in this section
- Beyond Broadband App for Troubleshooting
- How do I set up Email on my device?
- Free Public Wi-FI Locations
- What is a VPN?
- Beyond Broadband Network Coverage
- Call Feature Instructions
- Why am I having trouble accessing the Internet?
- I am trying got hook up a wireless device and I don't know my password.
- I already have my own high-speed modem, can I use it?
- Can I connect more than one computer to the internet?