Adware and spyware is software that is downloaded via the Internet or email. Sometimes you will click ‘yes’ on something you haven’t read carefully, and that will load the software. Or you may have opened a spam email that had the software attached to it. A lot of adware and spyware works like a virus, getting onto your computer without your specific permission or knowledge. Adware specializes mostly in introducing pop-ups and other Internet-based advertising. Spyware specializes in logging keystrokes, and keeping track of where you go on the Internet. Both types of software can and do send your information to the company or individual that originated it. The best way to remove this kind of software is to run a program that searches for and removes adware and spyware.
Articles in this section
- Beyond Broadband App for Troubleshooting
- How do I set up Email on my device?
- Free Public Wi-FI Locations
- What is a VPN?
- Beyond Broadband Network Coverage
- Call Feature Instructions
- Why am I having trouble accessing the Internet?
- I am trying got hook up a wireless device and I don't know my password.
- I already have my own high-speed modem, can I use it?
- Can I connect more than one computer to the internet?